Party Registration Program
Throwing a party on Friday or Saturday night? Get a warning from dispatch and avoid a ticket!
Here is what you can do:
- Register your Friday or Saturday night party with Off-Campus Housing (UMC, room 313) by noon on Friday.
- Provide us with your student ID, two phone numbers, and your address.
- If a noise complaint on your house is received, dispatch will call and give you a warning.
- You will have 20 minutes to shut the party down and avoid the cops.
(During the summer, you can register your party between 7:30am and 4:30pm Monday - Thursday, and between 7:30am and 12:00pm on Friday.)
Why Register Your Party?
- Unlike a nuisance party ticket, registration is FREE.
- You don't want the cops to stop by - so limit your chance of that happening!
- It gives you an opportunity to take responsibility (before the cops arrive).
And for a little extra incentive - when you register your party for the first time, our office will give you a free bag of snacks and other party necessities.
Want to know the fine print?
- You MUST live at the house being registered. You cannot register a friend's party.
- Party Registration is for noise complaints only, and does not protect you or your guests against any other violation including open containers, MIPs or public urination.
- Parties in a common areas (ex: apartment courtyards) cannot be registered.
- All amplified music, including bands and DJs, must be inside the house.
- Houses that receive two consecutive warnings from dispatch will lose party registration privileges for 4 months.
Regardless of Party Registration, you are still responsible for obeying city laws. If the cops should show up at your unit, be respectful. Let them know you registered and be sure to shut your party down. If you ignore your warning, whether by phone or by the police, you are likely to get a ticket.
It's Not Rocket Science...
Check out the Smart Party Guide for information about Boulder city ordinances, including noise and keg policies.